Sunday, June 26, 2011

My first 50.

To celebrate my 50th post, I compiled this list, which has a permanent link and short description of each post from oldest to most recent. Looking ahead, I'd really like to know what you guys want to hear about. Global food issues have come up before. It's a huge topic, though, so my research has been slow going. Any other food, lifestyle, or sustainability questions? If so, leave me a comment here or on the Facebook page. Thanks for reading!

My first 50 posts:

The first step. A short post introducing my blog.
They’re really more like guidelines. The guiding principles of my ethical food lifestyle.
Farm fresh, no guilt. My first trip to the farmers market - ethical meat and eggs!
Oh right, nutrition. The motivation behind my first nutritional experiment.
Eat at Steve’s. Is Chipotle really an ethical option? Mostly, yah.
1800 calories of Yum. Results of my first nutritional experiment.
False alarm. A short update on the nutrition results.
Problems with produce. Sourcing local, organic produce – important, but not always easy.
User-defined content. A more detailed look at local and organic, based on reader comments.
Pesky pesticides. The top 10 foods you should buy organic to avoid pesticide exposure.
Know thy dinner; know thyself. The importance of cooking, and tips on fitting cooking into a busy life.
Vegetarian chili over baked potato. A recipe that always gets rave reviews.
On the Border; Off the charts. Eating out means eating worse than I could have ever imagined.
The incredible, ethical egg. Why I am so vigilant about my egg sources, and how to find the truly ethical ones.
A char(me)d life. The awesomeness of chard, and a recipe for chard chips.
“Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” A book report on In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan.
Piglet would approve. Slow Food and ethical sourcing of pork.
A+. A (glowing) review of the Animal Welfare Approved certification program.
Pasta Perry. A veggie-heavy pasta recipe with veggies from J.E. Perry Farms.
22 Square Feet Farms. My first backyard garden.
The Baron of Meat. More sources of ethical meat and the advantages of a local butcher shop.
We are what we eat. What a week of food looks like, and its associated cost.
Football for foodies. NFL player, Tony Gonzales, only eats ethical meat!
To organic and beyond! What does an organic certification really mean?
Organic II: Things that make you go eww. Human waste water, and it’s use in growing food.
From farm to Fremont. Investigating community-supported agriculture programs.
Vote early; vote often. Changing the food system requires political action, not just a change in eating habits.
Turkey with a side of gratitude. Approaching Thanksgiving, I reflect on the changes to my food lifestyle.
Stimulating dinner conversation: Three discussions about food. Part One. The Food Movements Unite panel discussion.
Part Two. A panel discussion on sourcing and supplying ethical meat.
Part Three. Q & A with Michael Pollan.
Consider me stimulated. My vision for a food movements website.
Fifteen-minute fish. A recipe for baked fish, fish tacos with coleslaw, and rice and beans.
Commercial break. Domino’s Pizza sourcing website sends me into a frenzy!
Community supported awesome. A review of my CSA – Eatwell Farm.
Salad bar beef, pigaerator pork, and faith-based farming (Part One) Joel Salatin’s lecture on the farming practices at Polyface.
A wiggly way to wipe out waste. My first worm bin!
Very veggie cassoulet. A not-very French version of a classic stew.
Salad bar beef, pigaerator pork, and faith-based farming (Part Two). How faith guides Joel Salatin’s farming philosophy.
Super Squash, For the Win! How to deal with a ridiculously large winter squash, and a recipe for Smoky Squash Soup.
Give me a home where the buffalo roam. The unfortunate ills of the bison industry.
Do you feel hungry, punk? A review of graffEats, a guerilla dining experience.
Hearty black bean stew. An easy recipe for black bean and vegetable stew.
Tobacco subsidies, up in smoke. The history and current status of US tobacco subsidies.
Eat by numbers. New scoring systems for food may help people make healthier choices.
How sweet it is. Research into alternative diets suggests that sugar is our biggest enemy.
Organic food, only a click away. Organic home delivery options make it easy to eat better.
Make it so. Cool food-related resources from the Maker Faire.
Almonds, a nutty industry. Some surprising facts about US almond production.
An apple a day. A nutritional work-up of my mostly-veggie lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 50 posts! You've done a lot of great work!

    ReplyDelete